Terms and conditions
OUR TERMS OF SALE
Please note that the Company provides products which are temporary removable appliances solely intended to be aesthetic in nature.
The Company has no dental professionals and does not carry out the practice of dentistry in any manner - we do not engage in any diagnosis and do not provide any products which have any therapeutic effect. The Company neither offers professional advice nor provides any treatment or other dental or medical service. Some aesthetic issues may be due to underlying dental and/or medical problems. If you have any queries or concerns regarding the suitability of any of our products please contact us.
These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you (terms). They set out your legal rights and responsibilities, our legal rights and responsibilities, and certain key information required by law.
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
In these terms, the following definitions apply:
Products means, together, the Self-Impression Kit, the Veneers, and any other products we may supply to you;
Self-Impression Kit means the self-impression kit we send out to you to allow you to take an accurate impression of your teeth;
Veneers means the specific instasmile clip-on veneers you have chosen to purchase from us.
While you should be familiar and agree with all our terms before you decide to place an Order, it is particularly important that we draw your attention to the following key terms:
Cancelation and Refunds
The Veneers are customised to your particular measurements and cannot be used on anyone else. Therefore, once we you have placed your order with us, you will not be entitled to cancel your contract with us nor receive a refund.
Please note that the Veneers are made from dental grade material and are solely intended to be removable and aesthetic in nature. We do not carry out the practice of dentistry in any manner, and we do not engage in any diagnosis and do not provide Veneers which have any therapeutic effects.
We will not be held liable to you if our Products are not suitable for you. Your use of our products is at your own risk. If you have any allergies or any other conditions, please contact us before using our products.
USE OF OUR PRODUCTS
Eating and drinking
instasmile products are designed to allow you to eat and drink as normal as they don't (where possible) cover your molars (chewing teeth) once in situ. As with any lifestyle product there is always a chance that eating and drinking could on rare occasions damage the product for which we cannot be held liable and should therefore be done so at your own risk.
There should be no side effects from using the products unless you have an underlying health issue. If you experience any side effects, you should cease use of the Products immediately and contact us. If you have any allergies or known chemical sensitivity, you should inform us before placing your order.
You accept that unless we have been negligent, we will not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with applying for, accepting, or using the Products. We will not be responsible if you develop any allergies or adverse reactions as a result of using the Products.
If you are under the age of 18 you may not buy Veneers from us unless parental or guardian consent has been given.
Limit of liability
Our liability to you is limited, please read these terms in full.
LIMIT ON OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
- The Veneers are intended to be a cosmetic accessory only and are not suitable for everyone. You should only use them if you do not have any significant health issues. You must also answer our suitability questions correctly to help us determine if the Veneers are suitable for you.
- WE MAKE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS, AND EXPRESSLY REJECT AND DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY NATURE, TYPE, AND/OR EXTENT WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND ANY OTHER ITEMS.
- IN ABSENCE OF ANY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER BREACH OF DUTY BY US, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WILL BE EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO REFUNDING TO YOU THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARE EXPRESSLY WAIVED.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
' We' , 'us' or 'our' means Smile Lab Solutions Limited (reg. number 12329900 ) trading as ‘instasmile’. Our principal place of business in the United Kingdom is located at Unity House, Westwood Park Drive, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 4HE
' You' or 'your' means the person using our site to buy Products from us.
If you want to contact us, please refer to our customer contact page.
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us when placing your Order.
"Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between us and you is made. The governing jurisdiction resides in the United Kingdom.
You place an order on our website by following our 'Get Started' tool, where we will ask you a series of questions to help us determine the best type of Veneers for you ( Order ). Please note that if you give false or misleading information regarding your suitability for our Products, we will not be held liable to you
Please read and check your Order carefully before submitting it and correct any errors before confirming your Order.
When you place your Order, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your Order has been accepted.
We may contact you to say that we do not accept your Order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the Veneers you would like to order are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the Veneers; or
- we do not consider our Veneers to be suitable for you, due to issues you may have with your oral health, such as having gum disease (please refer to our suitability guide for further information).
Our acceptance of your Order will take place when we receive confirmation of a successful payment from you or payment plan creation. We will then confirm your Order number.
By accepting our terms and placing an Order with us, a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us.
OUR RIGHTS TO END OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
1 We may terminate the contract if you are in breach if at any time:
1.1. you do not make any payment to us or a third party finance provider when it is due and you continue to not make payment within 7 days of us or the payment provider reminding you that such payment is due;
1.2. you do not, within 90 days of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to manufacture the Veneers, for example, your completed Self-Impression Kit, or your Impressions measurements;
1.3 it becomes apparent that you have provided us with dishonest information during the order process and suitability assessment and as a result, our Veneers are not suitable for you;
1.4 you do not, within 90 days, provide us with the information we need to allow us to deliver the Products to you or if the Products are returned to us after attempted delivery;
1.5 you move address or change the delivery address without letting us know and we are unable to deliver the Products to you;
1.6 you make or publish any fraudulent, untrue, defamatory, threatening, abusive, offensive, obscene or otherwise inappropriate statements or allegations about us, our officers or our employees, online (including on social media) (we also retain the right to have such content removed);
1.7 your Order with us was placed over 12 months ago and you have not been in contact with us for a period of 6 months or more.
1.8 If we end our contract with you under this clause, we reserve the right to cancel your contract immediately without any recourse.
1.9 If your account has ever been in default and you wish to cancel the order we are unable to offer any refund.
- If you have been granted a free gift as part of your order and you cancel your order we reserve the right to charge a discretionary administration fee.
- We will use the personal information you provide to us to supply the Products to you and to process your payment for the Products, and to contact you about similar products we have (if you have chosen to receive this from us).
DISPUTES & CHARGEBACKS
- If you are unhappy with the Products, our service to you, or anything else, please contact us on our website and our dedicated customer care team will work with you to resolve the issue.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If your dispute becomes a chargeback your account will be suspended whilst we work with your finance provider or merchant to investigate the issue. The final decision on a chargeback sits with the merchant or finance provider and not us. Where a Chargeback is resolved in our favour, we reserve the right to cancel your contract with us immediately without any recourse. We therefore encourage you to work with us outside of any official chargeback process to try to achieve a mutual resolution.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this contract to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under your contract with us. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of these terms illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each paragraph of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing our rights under our contract with you, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you if you have broken this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we still provide the Products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- These terms are subject to change from time to time without notice as to any new customers and/or new orders placed by existing customers.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Please note that you only own the Products for your personal use. We do not convey to you in any manner the technology, know-how, processes and procedures, formulae, patents, trademarks, copyrights, and/or any other intellectual property associated with the Products. You agree not to reverse-engineer or otherwise gain or attempt to gain access to our intellectual property.
- If you do so and we suffer a loss as result, we may take legal action against you in respect of our losses, damages, costs (including legal fees) and expenses incurred by us as a result of or in connection with your misuse of our intellectual property rights.
NATURE OF THE GOODS
We must provide you with Products that comply with your legal rights under this Agreement and applicable law.
The packaging of the Products may be different from that shown on our website.
While we try to make sure that the colours of our Veneers are displayed accurately on our website, please note that the images of them on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Therefore, the image you see online may vary slightly from the Veneers you receive.
Please note that if you place a repeat order for Veneers previously ordered, different material may be used.
Our Veneers are custom made to our specifications, therefore it is your responsibility for ensuring that any information we require is accurate. This includes, but is not limited to:
Your use of our Self-Impression Kit
Your use of our online suitability assessment
By taking our online suitability assessment, it is your responsibility to ensure that all information provided to us is correct. We recommend that you thoroughly check that all your data is correct before submitting it to us. If it becomes apparent during our review of your Impressions that you have provided inaccurate information at this stage, we may cancel your contract with us without recourse.
We will not be held responsible for Veneers that don't fit or are unsuitable due to incorrect information supplied by you. Please refer to our information regarding warranties.
If you are unsure if our product will be suitable for you, please contact us and we will answer any questions you have - we may ask for images of your natural teeth to make an assessment.
If you are unsure of which product is best for you, or which shade to choose, we will advise you.
The price of the Veneers:
- is in GBP (£);
- includes our delivery costs;
- includes VAT. If VAT is applicable, such shall be charged and reflected on your order, together with the purchase price of the Veneers
The price of the Veneers will be the price indicated on our website when you place your Order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the Veneers advised to you is correct. However please see the following for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the Veneers you have chosen.
What happens if we got the price wrong?
It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of our Veneers we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your Order so that, where a Veneer's correct price at your Order date is less than our stated price at your Order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the Veneer's correct price at your Order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your Order. If we accept and process your Order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a miss-pricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any Products provided to you.
What to do if you think an invoice is wrong
If you think an invoice is wrong, please contact us promptly to let us know and we will attempt to resolve the issue.
When you must pay
You must pay for the Products before we dispatch them, except when entering into a finance agreement with one of our third party finance providers.
You may pay for your Products using either:
(1) Credit or Debit Card; or
(2) by Consumer Finance.
We offer a range of finance options with third party finance providers. Our current providers are listed in the Checkout Page on the website. Please note that these providers may undertake eligibility checks against you before offering you consumer finance. Separate terms and conditions may also apply which you should read in full.
IF YOU ARE IN DEFAULT OF ANY PAYMENT PLAN, WE ARE UNABLE TO ASSESS ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE IN RELATION TO THE PRODUCTS UNTIL YOUR PLAN IS BROUGHT UP TO DATE. THIS INCLUDES PROGRESSION OF YOUR ORDER, DISPATCH OF MATERIALS, MANUFACTURING WARRANTY CLAIMS, EXTENDED WARRANTY CLAIMS. YOU WILL ALSO FORGO ANY OPTION OF A REFUND IS A PAYMENT PLAN HAS DEFAULTED.
IF YOU ARE IN DEFAULT OF ANY PAYMENT DUE TO US, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PASS YOUR DETAILS TO A DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY AND SEEK LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU. YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO PAY OUR LEGAL COSTS OF DOING SO AND YOUR CREDIT RATING MAY ALSO BE AFFECTED. WE MAY ALSO CHARGE INTEREST AT A RATE EQUAL TO THE LESSER OF EIGHTEEN PERCENT (18%) PER ANNUM OR THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED BY LAW; SUCH INTEREST WILL ACCRUE DAILY UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have more than one order, and one of those orders is in default, we will be entitled to offset the amount paid in total towards the amount owed. Any exercise of our rights under this clause will not prevent us from enforcing any other rights we may have under these terms.
- We use a courier service to deliver our Products to you. They may be sent either to the shipping address provided at the time you place your Order, or to a designated parcel collection point. We will provide further delivery information to you after you have placed your Order.
- Our delivery information will be communicated to you when you place an Order with us, and will depend on what is being delivered to you, as follows:
2.1. Self-Impression Kit : we will dispatch this on the next working day after your order has been placed
2.2. Veneers : your estimated delivery date will be within 21 days from the date we have received an accurate impression that it is suitable for us to use to manufacture your Veneers. We also have an express manufacturing option if you would like your Veneers delivered sooner.
Events outside our control
We are not responsible for delays in providing the Products to you for reasons outside our control. However, if something happens which means that there will be a delay in delivering the Products to you, we will contact you as soon as possible and will take such reasonable steps to minimise the delay.
If you are not at home when the products are delivered
If no one is available at your shipping address to take delivery our chosen courier will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Products from a local collection point.
If you do not re-arrange delivery i.e.
- do not collect the Products as arranged;
- refuse delivery of the Products; or
- after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot,
We will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract in line with the above terms.
Risk and ownership of the Products
Delivery of the Products will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
You are responsible for the Products when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the Products passes to you when you take possession of the Products (which includes if the Products are left in your chosen 'safe-place', such as an outbuilding or porch).
When you own the Products
You own the Veneers only once payment in full has been received and we deliver them to the shipping address you gave us when you made the Order.
You own the Self-Impression Kit from the point you receive it.
Unfortunately, we do not deliver to the following territories: Belarus, Burma/Myanmar, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Former Federal Republic of Yugoslavia & Serbia, International Criminal Tribunal for The Former Yugoslavia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Lebanon and Syria, Liberia, North Korea (Democratic People's Republic of Korea), Republic of Guinea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, Ukraine, Zimbabwe or the Balkans. Please note that we do have a number of international websites which can be accessed using the links in the tab at the top of our website.
RIGHT TO CANCEL (REFUND POLICY)
- You may be entitled to cancel this contract within 14 days of receiving the Self-Impression Kit (cooling off period), provided it has not been used.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, you must let us know that you wish to exercise your right to cancel before the 14-day cancellation period expires by contacting us. Our details are set out here.
- We will request that you return your unopened self impressions kit in a resellable condition (together with any free gifts) using a tracked service at your own cost. If these are not received within 21 days of the cancellation, or they are not in a resellable condition, an administration charge of £129 will apply.
- You are not permitted to use the returns label if you have opted to cancel your order. If you use the returns label after cancellation then we will apply a charge of £25. Likewise if you refuse delivery from us we also reserve the right to apply a charge of £25.
- We will make the reimbursement to the original payment method only as you used for the initial transaction, unless we have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you are deemed unsuitable for the Instasmile, we will cancel the order and return any monies paid to date and/or cancel your finance plan. We will retain an administration fee to cover our costs which will be advised to you at the time unless you are still within your cooling off period and have not used your kit, and are able to return it to us.
- After the cooling off period your order becomes non-refundable. This is a custom made product and with each order, you are reserving a spot on our production queue and once the order has passed the cooling off period or the impression kit has been used, it cannot be cancelled or refunded.
Before we can manufacture your chosen Veneers, we may send you a Self-Impression Kit unless we have agreed to use previous impressions on file. We will provide you with full instructions on how to use the Self-Impression Kit
Please note the Self-Impression Kit may not be suitable for you if:
- you have loose teeth (including loose crowns, bridges, or veneers) or you have had teeth recently removed;
- you have existing oral health issues;
- you are undergoing dental or orthodontic treatment;
- you are allergic to silicone.
- you have a fixed retainer
You must also ensure you have the required teeth as indicated on our smile assessment.
If you have crowns, bridges, or existing veneers you must take extra care when using the Self-Impression Kit. We will not be held liable for any damage to any crowns, bridges, existing veneers or loose teeth.
If, due to a build-up of plaque, your use of the Self-Impression Kit is affected, we will advise you to remove the plaque and then continue with the Impressions process. Likewise if there are any other issues, we will contact you.
When you have completed your Self-Impression Kit
You MUST provide photographs of your impressions to us by email for a visual check. We may also request images of your natural dental profile. Failure to do so may delay your order and could incur additional costs. We cannot accept impressions in the mail that have NOT been firstly approved by visual check.
If your impressions are not approved, do not worry we will contact you with regards to repeating them and provide guidance. The impressions trays we provide can be remoulded up to 8 times each.
Once your impression photos have been approved
If we have provided a returns label, you must return these to us using this label. Please keep a record of the tracking number.
If you do not have a returns label, you must post this back to us yourself: if doing so, we recommend that you use a tracked courier service to ensure your Self-Impression Kit gets delivered to us safely;
If we do not receive your returned Self-Impression Kit, or if you have used your Self-Impression Kit incorrectly and we are unable to use the Impressions you have provided then:
- we will contact you to arrange the sending out of a replacement Self-Impression Kit;
- we may charge you for the cost of any such replacement kit depending upon the circumstances;
If you fail to commence the impressions process within 90 days from the date of your Order, we may treat the contract as cancelled.There is no refund option should there be a period of 90 days without contact or progression of the order from you. It is important that you therefore contact us at this time to mitigate cancellation..
Please note that freepost return labels are only available in the following territories: United States, United Kingdom, Australia. If you do not live in any of these territories it is your responsibility to return all impressions back to us at your own cost (including any duties and taxes) using a tracked and signed service. Please note that items cannot be accepted by us if duties and taxes have not been paid in advance by you.
CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER
Your right to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the Veneers you have ordered, please contact us as soon as possible, as once we have started manufacturing your Veneers, no changes can be made.
We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the Products, the delivery date, or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change. We will ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
Our rights to make changes
We may change any of the Products listed on our website without notice:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- to reflect changes in technology; and
- to implement technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety or cosmetic concern.
If you have already placed an order with us and we need to change your chosen Product for one or more of the above reasons, we will let you know. You will be entitled to refuse to accept the substituted Product, in which case we will offer you a refund or a suitable replacement.
Any changes we make to our Products will not materially affect your use of the Products.
Please note that we may keep your completed impressions stored in our system. A kit will automatically be dispatched to you and we recommend new impressions are taken for each order. However, if your dental profile has not changed, and you are still wearing/have recently been wearing your previous instasmile, you may place an order with us for a new set of Veneers using your existing Impressions.
If you decide to proceed with a re-order using existing impressions
- we cannot be held liable for any fit issues.
- we will ask you sign a disclaimer.
- we cannot accept a re-order if you have a previous order in default.
You will be required to complete new Impressions if:
- your dental profile has changed in any way from the order that we are using the impressions.
- we are aware that your previous product did not fit.
Changes to dental profile can include but are not limited to - loss of teeth, any fillings, crowns or breakage/chipping of the teeth - teeth are mobile and can shift over time.
Please note that if you reorder Veneers from us, the material, shape and profile of the veneers may differ slightly from your previous set of Veneers.
WARRANTY (REMAKE POLICY)
We provide all our customers with our 30-day manufacturer's warranty; we include an extended warranty with Classic and Dynamic instasmile with an option to purchase an additional cover at check out. You must complete the impression process within 90 days of notifying us of your warranty claim
Both warranties have limitations, including limitations for any liability as previously explained above.
We warrant to you that for a period of 30 days from the date of delivery your Veneers will:
- conform in all material respects with their description;
- be free from material defects in material;
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be fit for the sole purpose of the Veneers, which shall be expressly limited to helping to enhance aesthetic appearance.
We want you to be happy with your custom made Instasmile veneers, however, in the event there is an issue we will work with you to achieve a resolution.
What if my instasmile does not fit?
If you experience an issue with the fit of your custom made veneers, you will need to notify us within 30 days of receiving them. You must not return the veneers to us unless we ask you to do so for adjustment.
We will ask you to provide images and a short video within 14 days of reporting this, which demonstrates the issue to allow our technicians to make a full assessment.
If the technician is confident that we can remake the veneer for you and correct the issue, then you must allow us to do so. We will remake this free of charge and any materials required will be complimentary. There is no refund option.
What if my veneers are not what I expected?
It is important to remember, a period of adjustment is to be expected when you first receive your product.
If you have an issue (i.e. design or shade of the veneers), you will need to notify us within 30 days, and provide us with images of the product fitted to your teeth, within 14 days of reporting this.
If you have not previously sent us images of your natural teeth please also provide these to help with the assessment.
The technician will make an assessment and where necessary provide a solution which may or may not incur a fee, depending on the suggested outcome (e.g. a different shade).
In some cases the warranty claim may not be successful if the veneer fits well and offers a cosmetic uplift on your natural teeth. In this case no remake or refund will be provided.
What if my veneers break within 30 days of receiving them?
On the rare occasion this happens we will make an assessment under the manufacturer’s warranty to see if an adjustment to the design is required - e.g. if the bite is causing pressure points.
PLEASE NOTE: The 30 day Manufacturer's warranty does not cover wear and tear, loss or accidental damage, attempts to self repair or self modify, but there are some instances where a remake will be approved subject to the technician's assessment. Where this is not covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty you may be able to claim for a like for like replacement under your extended warranty.
Sending Visual Evidence
When sending evidence we will need to see:
- Description of the issue
- Clear images with the product in the mouth showing the issue
- Short video with the product being clipped on to teeth, and then removed
- Natural bite image
If you have not previously sent us images of your natural teeth please also provide these to help with the assessment.
Returning the Instasmile
In rare cases, we may ask for the product to be returned
- For an adjustment if the Technicians feel this will resolve a fit issue (for which a returns label will be provided)
- We do not accept returns of the product as no refunds will be given.
You should not return the instasmile without being requested to do so.
If you have our extended warranty and your Veneers become lost, damaged, or stolen, we will remake your Veneers for free - upto 2 arches on a dual order and 1 on a single order. Your warranty will commence on the date you receive your Instasmile.
It is a condition of the warranty that any finance plans must be up to date or paid in full and we may need you to send us confirmation of this for some merchants.
The extended warranty does not cover any fit issues which should have been addressed within 30 days of receiving the under the Manufacturer's Warranty.
Replacements are like for like - and will be in the same design and shade as your original Instasmile.
Before we can replace your veneer we will need you to confirm there has been no change to your dental profile and the original veneers fitted fine. If your replacement does not fit, we will not be liable as this will be a replica of the original and this would point to a change in your profile.
Once we have all the information required, the timescale for your replacement is 15 days plus shipping.